On Mon, Dec 11, 2006 at 05:01:49PM +0100, Tim Dijkstra wrote:

> You are right of course. This of course means that the matching as done know
> is broken.

It is "incomplete" as i would put it :-)

> I haven't tried to see some structure in the whitelist, but isn't there a
> pattern that matches with the video cards?

No. We only match for DMI info, not for PCI IDs.

> Stefan, do you remember if hal was going the same route in matching?

HAL can match on almost anything in its FDI files IIUC. I think you even could
match on "X driver version foo.bar installed" or maybe "X is running"/"console
is active".

Because HAL already has all these matching capabilities, i think it is the
way to go, means: let HAL determine the needed options, pass them down
to pm-utils and pm-utils then call s2ram/s2both with the appropriate command
line to specify the workaround.

Regards,

    Stefan

--
Stefan Seyfried
QA / R&D Team Mobile Devices        |              "Any ideas, John?"