Hi!

> > > Stefan, do you remember if hal was going the same route in matching?
> >
> > HAL can match on almost anything in its FDI files IIUC. I think you even
> > could
> > match on "X driver version foo.bar installed" or maybe "X is
> > running"/"console
> > is active".
> >
> > Because HAL already has all these matching capabilities, i think it is the
> > way to go, means: let HAL determine the needed options, pass them down
> > to pm-utils and pm-utils then call s2ram/s2both with the appropriate command
> > line to specify the workaround.
>
> Yes. Only that it is a bit annoying that you need hal for something as
> lowlevel as
> putting your machine to sleep.

Well.. perhaps patch for PCIids based whitelist would be acceptable,
too. I do not like HAL, either, but we are afraid that for desktop
machines, rules are going to be complex...

...but OTOH maybe we can just write the rules in C? Coming up with
good rules is going to be hard (and highly qualified task), anyway, so
maybe C does not add that much effort?

                                                                Pavel
(cesky, pictures)
http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html