Hello,

I have posted some time ago that my compaq nx7010
(with suse 10.1) resumes spuriously if lid switch is
enabled in /proc/acpi/wakeup. Pavel has commented that
CMOS can do that and only solution was to disable the
lid switch in /proc/acpi/wakeup. I tried that and it
worked also. However, If I write a script e.g
prepare_resume_before_suspend_to_ram which checks if
lid is really open or still closed from
/proc/acpi/button/lid/<name of lid switch/state, what
would be the correct exit code for that script so that
no resuming takes place in case of spurious event.
        Or you guys think when such an event happens
the lid state in /proc structure would also reflect
"open" instead of "close".

regards

http://mail.yahoo.com