On Tue, Jan 02, 2007 at 07:27:56AM -0800, Chirag Rajyaguru wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have posted some time ago that my compaq nx7010
> (with suse 10.1) resumes spuriously if lid switch is
> enabled in /proc/acpi/wakeup. Pavel has commented that
> CMOS can do that and only solution was to disable the
> lid switch in /proc/acpi/wakeup. I tried that and it
> worked also. However, If I write a script e.g
> prepare_resume_before_suspend_to_ram which checks if
> lid is really open or still closed from
> /proc/acpi/button/lid/<name of lid switch/state, what
> would be the correct exit code for that script so that
> no resuming takes place in case of spurious event.
>         Or you guys think when such an event happens
> the lid state in /proc structure would also reflect
> "open" instead of "close".

Nobody knows. Since this is probably a glitch in your BIOS, anything
can happen here.

But it would not help anyway, since once your script starts running,
you have already resumed. You could of course immediately suspend
again, but this would need to be tested well :-)
--
Stefan Seyfried
QA / R&D Team Mobile Devices        |              "Any ideas, John?"