Hi!

Here is the output of the commands:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ grep 'shutdown method' /etc/suspend.conf
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ cat /sys/power/disk
shutdown
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$

I use stock debian kernel for version "Etch" which is:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ uname -a
Linux misato 2.6.18-3-686 #1 SMP Mon Dec 4 16:41:14 UTC 2006 i686 GNU/Linux
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$

I attach the kernel config too in case it's any use for you.

For resume/suspend I use gnome-power-manager applet which calls
s2disk, s2ram via dbus.

Executing these commands from command line results in the same.

I use the stock uswsusp package provided by debian, with the newest whitelist.c from your repo for support my notebook.
the version is: 0.3~cvs20060928-3

I send my suspend.conf, uswsusp.conf too.

Thanks in advance!
        Einon