On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 07:51:28AM +0100, Einon wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Here is the output of the commands:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ grep 'shutdown method' /etc/suspend.conf
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ cat /sys/power/disk
> shutdown
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$
>
> I use stock debian kernel for version "Etch" which is:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ uname -a
> Linux misato 2.6.18-3-686 #1 SMP Mon Dec 4 16:41:14 UTC 2006 i686 GNU/Linux
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$
>
> I attach the kernel config too in case it's any use for you.
>
> For resume/suspend I use gnome-power-manager applet which calls
> s2disk, s2ram via dbus.
>
> Executing these commands from command line results in the same.
>
> I use the stock uswsusp package provided by debian, with the newest
> whitelist.c from your repo
> for support my notebook.
> the version is: 0.3~cvs20060928-3
>
> I send my suspend.conf, uswsusp.conf too.

try to find out which one is used by the debian scripts and add

shutdown method = shutdown
or
shutdown method = platform
to it. Try both.

OTOH i am not sure if the 2.6.18 already had the uswsusp platform patch...

You could simply try it with the in-kernel suspend, there you need to echo
"platform" or "shutdown" into /sys/power/disk to change the mode.
--
Stefan Seyfried                  \ "I didn't want to write for pay. I
QA / R&D Team Mobile Devices      \ wanted to be paid for what I write."