Stefan Seyfried wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 03, 2007 at 08:44:07PM +0800, Lim Chuen Ee, Mike wrote:
>
>> As per
>> http://en.opensuse.org/S2ram#How_to_contact_the_authors_of_s2ram.3F and
>> http://en.opensuse.org/Pm-utils#using_suspend_to_RAM_on_machines_that_are_not_in_the_s2ram_whitelist
>> ,  I am contacting you as my laptop seems to work fine with s2ram
>> (pm-utils) under openSUSE 10.2, to allow the model to be added to whitelist.
>>

>> Details as follows:
>>
>> suse:~ # s2ram -i
>> This machine can be identified by:
>>     sys_vendor   = "Hewlett-Packard"
>>     sys_product  = "Presario V3000 (RL377PA#UUF)"
>>     sys_version  = "F.13"
>>     bios_version = "F.13"
>> See http://en.opensuse.org/S2ram for details.
>>
>> Pm-suspend log file attached.
>> The model is a Compaq Presario V3136TU running openSUSE 10.2
>>

> Can you try it from init=/bin/bash minimal boot or at least confirm that it
> works from the text console with "pm-hibernate" on 10.2? Did you configure
> any special options for s2ram?

Got it.
Here's the summary

As per
http://en.opensuse.org/Pm-utils#Variables_in_.2Fetc.2Fpm.2Fconfig, I
modify  /etc/pm/config
S2RAM_OPTS="-f -a 3"

*
For Minimal Boot*
init=/bin/bash,
mount /proc
mount /sys

    * pm-hibernate does not work
    * s2arm -f : no display on resume, keyboard input (reboot) works
    * s2ram -f -a 1 : corrupted display on resume, keyboard input
      (reboot) works
    * s2ram -f -a 2 : no display on resume, keyboard input (reboot) works
    * /s2ram -f -a 3/ : works! text display on resume
    * pm-suspend (no S2RAM_OPTS) : does not work
    * pm-suspend (S2RAM_OPTS = "-f) : works, no text display on resume,
      keyboard input works
    * pm-suspend (/S2RAM_OPTS = "-f -a 3"/) : works! text display on resume

*
Single User Mode*
set inittab default to 1

    * pm-hibernate works!
    * s2ram and pm-suspend behaviour same as minimal boot

*X-Windows (KDE)*
Tested with KDE using KPowerSave

    * No S2RAM_OPTS : "Suspend to Disk" works
    * S2RAM_OPTS="-f" : "Suspend to Disk" and "Suspend to RAM" works.
      For "Suspend to RAM", no text display during resume, Got back KDE
    * S2RAM_OPTS="-f -a 3 " : "Suspend to Disk" and "Suspend to RAM"
      works. For "Suspend to RAM", text display during resume.  Got back KDE

Graphics chip is Intel
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile
945GM/GMS/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)

Regards,
Mike