On Sun, Mar 11, 2007 at 01:44:19AM +0100, Slobodan D. Sredojevic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here is the result using s2ram with latest vanilla kernel (2.6.21-rc3) under
> gentoo (suspend ebuild from bugs.gentoo.org applied), vbetool installed,
> I have added init=/bin/bash vga=0 to my bootloader configuration and it
> boots into console.
> mount /proc
> mount -t sysfs none /sys
> s2ram -i gives:
> This machine can be identified by:
>    sys_vendor   = "System Manufacturer"
>    sys_product  = "Product Name"
>    sys_version  = "SYS-xxxxxx"
>    bios_version = "6.00 PG"
>
> It is home desktop computer, lspci gives video card:
> 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Rage 128 PF/PRO AGP
> 4x TMDS
>
> With every different invoke, s2ram suspends with message:
> Stoping tasks ,,, done.
> Suspending console(s)
>
> Resuming part:
> - s2ram { -f , -f -a 1, -f -a 2, -f -a 3, -f -p -m} gives dead screen ,
> keyboard is working , can see capslock led blinks when hit it, find / gives
> evidence system is alive although I can't see anything!
> - s2ram -f -p -s gives screen that is alive but noisy, not readable ,
> keyboard is working  (*)

if you press enter, do you get a new prompt and can read stuff you type?
The console contents being lost over suspend is a known "feature" :-)

> - s2ram -f -m and s2ram -f -s give dead screen and also dead keyboard
> - s2ram -f -p and s2ram -a 1 -m gives dead screen and working keyboard
> - s2ram -f -a 1 -s gives screen that is alive but noisy, not readable ,
> keyboard is working (*)
>
> What can I do from this point? (don't want to post some results from X
> session as I think that is not appropriate atm), Should I report this to
> bugzilla.kernel.org - r128 kernel part is:

It might work well from X actually, there are machines that don't cooperate
from console, but the X server can bring them back to life just fine.
--
Stefan Seyfried

"Any ideas, John?"
"Well, surrounding them's out."