On 14/03/07, Stefan Seyfried <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Sun, Mar 11, 2007 at 01:44:19AM +0100, Slobodan D. Sredojevic wrote:

> - s2ram -f -p -s gives screen that is alive but noisy, not readable ,
> keyboard is working  (*)

if you press enter, do you get a new prompt and can read stuff you type?
The console contents being lost over suspend is a known "feature" :-)

Sir, yes I got a new prompt when hit enter, I can type but it is pretty
unreadable. If I enter 'ls' command in working directory I can tell several
columns appeared but can't read their names.

> What can I do from this point? (don't want to post some results from X
> session as I think that is not appropriate atm), Should I report this to
> bugzilla.kernel.org - r128 kernel part is:

It might work well from X actually, there are machines that don't
cooperate
from console, but the X server can bring them back to life just fine.

I have tested X/Gnome behavior, put vga=0 in grub.conf , unloaded all
modules, lsmod gives null. Started music player so i can tell if machine
hangs or not - as keyboard was problematic all the time. Music worked mostly
all the time after resume. I have some images taken with handy if it can
help.

s2ram -f
kbd down, screen with stripes, hear music

s2ram -f -a 1
kbd down, screen with stripes at the beggining, that change to something
different later, hear music

s2ram -f -a 2
kbd down, screen with stripes, music hangs

s2ram -f -a 3
kbd down, screen with stripes at the beggining, that change to something
different later, hear music

s2ram -f -p -m
kbd down, screen with stripes at the beggining, that change to something
different later, hear music

s2ram -f -p -s
kbd down, can tell icons, windows and panels - not fully clear, wallpaper
appears clear as it should after some time, later mouse cursor appears,
panel refreshes, cpu is at 100% when this happens; working but unresponsive
desktop; hear music

s2ram -f -m
kbd down, screen down, music hangs

s2ram -f -s
kbd down, screen down, music hangs

s2ram -f -p
kbd down, screen with stripes at the beggining, that change to something
different later, hear music

s2ram -f -a 1 -s
best results so far - kbd down at the beggining, it restores all but slowly
(~5min) and remains slow. For the first time gnome-terminal show text:
calling restore_state_from
function not supported
switching back to vt7
and I get prompt and working keyboard! hear music