Hi Tim,

On 3/28/07, Tim Dijkstra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Did you see any messages from resume? I guess you didn't else resume
> would have restored the swap signature. Do you have resume
> and /etc/uswsusp.conf on your initramfs? You can unpack it with the
> little script I attached.

I have not seen any message from resume. I unpacked the initramfs
using your script: everything seems in place:

% pwd
/home/boutil/initrd.img-2.6.18-4-powerpc.d

% find . -name "resume"
./bin/resume
./conf/conf.d/resume
./sbin/resume
./scripts/local-premount/resume

 % find . -name "uswsusp.conf"
./etc/uswsusp.conf

> As stefan said% find . -name "uswsusp.conf"
./etc/uswsusp.conf be careful with your data! You shouldn't try to reboot
> after a failed s2both before you have restored the swap partition
> 'swapon <path to swap device>'.

I've just made a fresh backup. So I can go for more testing :)

> What did you exactly do? You started s2both, got a colorful screen and
> typed reboot via ssh?

that is exactly what I did.

> Can you try to start s2both when logged from a different computer and
> see if you can get the error code it returns?

I tried this this morning, but it seems that it returns no error code !!

% sudo s2both
suspend: resume_dev = 268462812
blkdev: 267153220

no zsh : exit N printed