Hi  !

On 3/29/07, Tim Dijkstra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> To narrow the problem down a bit further, could you make sure that in
> your /etc/uswsusp.conf you have:
> shutdown method = poweroff

When I addthis line to my /etc/uswsusp.conf, I get an error when I try
to dpkg-reconfigure uswsusp. I found nothing similar in man
uswsusp.conf. So I did not add it.

> And try s2disk instead of s2both and report what happens?

Good news : s2disk works great to suspend the system, and even to resume !!!
Bad news : I get a kernel oops....

http://cedric.boutillier.free.fr/uswsusp_oops.jpg

It seems to be related to a usb module (I got similar results when I
tried hibernate script (see
http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2007/02/msg00032.html, and
these problems were partially resolved (but not completeley) when I
compiled a kernel without initramfs).

> Also could you type this (as root):
>
>         dd count=10c if=/dev/hda3
> After you have got your system in the colorful screen state after
> s2both?

Here is the result :

% LC_ALL=C sudo dd count=10c if=/dev/hda3
        ���,
            3YpSWAPSPACE2SWAPSPACE2Linuxpomme2.6.18-4-powerpc#1 Mon
Mar 26 09:11:14 CEST 2007ppc(none)X�X�S�|c]`10+0 records in
10+0 records out
5120 bytes (5.1 kB) copied, 0.001531 seconds, 3.3 MB/s

best regards,

Cédric