Hi,

I finally got suspend-to-ram working on my Hewlett-Packard/Compaq tc4200. I
basically only had a distribution problem (Ubuntu Feisty), but s2ram seems
not to work without -f (I'm using it with powersaved). So maybe these
informations are helpful for you to include support for the tc4200 by
default.

s2ram --test says the following:
Machine is unknown.
This machine can be identified by:
    sys_vendor   = "Hewlett-Packard"
    sys_product  = "HP Compaq tc4200 (PV984AW#ABD)  "
    sys_version  = "F.0D"
    bios_version = "68DTH Ver. F.0D"

I'm quite sure that the bios version is important, but I can't say which
versions exactly work. This one (Sep. 2006) works for sure; before the
upgrade I had problems, but I can't say for sure if that was a BIOS problem.

The version of the uswsusp package in which s2ram is packaged on Ubuntu is
0.3~cvs20060928-6ubuntu3 (sounds quite old ...).

Hope this helps you. If you have any questions, just drop me a mail.

Cheers,
Frank
--
Frank <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>