On Saturday, 21 April 2007 22:36, Tim Dijkstra wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 11:30:22 +0200
> "Rafael J. Wysocki" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > On Saturday, 21 April 2007 00:59, Tim Dijkstra wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm trying out sdisk with a swap file.
> > >
> > > $ cat /proc/swaps
> > > Filename                                Type            Size    Used
> > > Priority
> > > /dev/hda2                               partition       979956  189972  -1
> > > /local/tmp/swapfile                     file            1048568 0       -2
> > >
> > > Now what maybe complicates things is that mounted on /local is an lvm
> > > logical volume, /dev/dm-5
> > >

> > First, try the built-in swsusp.
>
> Doesn't work.
> $ cat /proc/cmdline
> root=/dev/hda1 ro acpi_sleep=s3_bios,s3_mode vga=0x0330 resume=/dev/dm-5
> resume_offset=12979490
>
> The result of `echo disk > /sys/power/state':
>
> Wrote ... kbytes in ... sec
> S<6>attempt to access beyond end of device
> hda2: rw=16, want=103835928, limit=1959930
> read-error on swap-device (3:2:103835928)
> swsusp: Swap header not found!
>

> BTW, /dev/hda2 is my other swap partition... Should I do anything else
> except specifying resume en resume_offset on the command-line?

Ouch, sorry.  That has no chance to work, because /dev/dm-5 is not known to the
kernel before LVMs are initialized which happens after the resume kicks in, so
swsusp gets confused.

However, it shouldn't even try to write anything in that case.  I'm afraid that
the kernel needs fixing.

Anyway, I think the problem is related to the fact that the swap file is
on the LVM.  Can you try with a swap file on a non-LVM fs?

Rafael