On Tue, 1 May 2007, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

> On Tuesday, 1 May 2007 10:13, Tomas Pospisek's Mailing Lists wrote:
>> On the machine here:
>>
>> $ s2ram -i
>>      sys_vendor   = "Fujitsu Siemens"
>>      sys_product  = "P6VAP-AP"
>>      sys_version  = " "
>>      bios_version = "6.00 PG"
>>
>> s2ram works just fine whether run from X or from the console.
>> s2disk works also, *but only as long as X is not started*.
>
> Can you please check if you are able to reproduce the symptoms with the
> built-in swsusp, ie.:
>
> # echo 8 > /proc/sys/kernel/printk
> # echo disk > /sys/power/state

This method doesn't work at all. What I can see is that the following
line is displayed:

        swsusp: Cannot find swapdevice, try swapon -a

"swapon -a" works just fine. "swapon -s" shows me that the swap partition
is in use.

The effect of the suggested commands is that the command just returns
back to the console with the following message:

# echo 8 > /proc/sys/kernel/printk
# echo disk > /sys/power/state
bash: echo: write error: No such device
#

I don't know if the following information is of any help: The HOWTO talks
about the necessity to configure the swsusp swap device at the compile
time of the swsusp userspace tools:

[...]
(e) Configure, build and install the suspend utilities

- Edit Makefile and the conf/suspend.conf file to reflect the
   configuration of your system (please refer to Section II of this
   document for details).  The value of the RESUME_DEVICE constant in
   Makefile must be the same as the value of the "resume device" parameter
   in the configuration file and it must be the full path of a swap
   partition device file (eg. /dev/hda3).
[...]

I don't know what magic Debian's uswsusp package is using, but aparently
this step is not necessary there (?), as it's only using a config file
which Debian's s2disk accesses and the initramfs image is generated in
such a way that this setting is transported in it and resume just works as
well.

? *t