Hello folks,

I just experimented a bit with s2ram and it seems that it works okay on my
machine. I
tested it both from X11 and the console. A couple of test runs worked
satisfactorily.
The only that's wrong is that the default route for my WLAN connection is always
lost, but I don't really know why (restarting the network subsystem solves
this).

What's also a bit irritating is that the working of the suspend buttons (Fn-F3
and
Fn-F4).
IMHO Fn-F3 is supposed to do suspend to RAM, and it can't be configured. But it
does
something (turning off the LCD when in X11, nothing(?) on the console).
Fn-F4 OTOH in kpowersave is labeled as "suspend to RAM" (German "Schlafmodus")
but is
working fine.

--- snip ---
#  s2ram -i
This machine can be identified by:
    sys_vendor   = "IBM"
    sys_product  = "2653R6G"
    sys_version  = "Not Available"
    bios_version = "1NET14WW (1.08 )"
--- snap ---

The options for s2ram are "-f -r".

I'm using the package suspend-0.50-6 from openSUSE 10.2.

As for the network, it's an external Atheros card. lspci says:

--- snip ---
Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications, Inc. AR5006X 802.11abg NIC (rev 01)
--- snap ---

Thanks for the nice work! :-)

Regards -- Till
--
Dipl.-Inform. Till Dörges                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Researcher                        Phone: +49 (0)700 / PRESECURE

PRESECURE Consulting GmbH, Münster         AG Münster, HRB 6581
Geschäftsführer/Managing Director   Dr. Klaus-Peter Kossakowski

                               A daily view on Internet Attacks
                               https://www.ecsirt.net/sensornet