On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 08:49:09PM +0200, Till Dörges wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> I just experimented a bit with s2ram and it seems that it works okay on my
> machine. I
> tested it both from X11 and the console. A couple of test runs worked
> satisfactorily.
> The only that's wrong is that the default route for my WLAN connection is
> always
> lost, but I don't really know why (restarting the network subsystem solves
> this).

That's an issue with the WLAN driver and / or the network setup, not with s2ram.

> What's also a bit irritating is that the working of the suspend buttons
> (Fn-F3 and
> Fn-F4).
> IMHO Fn-F3 is supposed to do suspend to RAM, and it can't be configured. But
> it does
> something (turning off the LCD when in X11, nothing(?) on the console).
> Fn-F4 OTOH in kpowersave is labeled as "suspend to RAM" (German
> "Schlafmodus") but is
> working fine.

Again, this is not a s2ram issue.

> --- snip ---
> #  s2ram -i
> This machine can be identified by:
>     sys_vendor   = "IBM"
>     sys_product  = "2653R6G"
>     sys_version  = "Not Available"
>     bios_version = "1NET14WW (1.08 )"
> --- snap ---
>
> The options for s2ram are "-f -r".

Does this also work from the console? I'd guess that you need "-a 3" there,
but i might of course be wrong.
--
Stefan Seyfried
QA / R&D Team Mobile Devices        |              "Any ideas, John?"

This footer brought to you by insane German lawmakers:
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)