On Sun, May 20, 2007 at 09:19:30PM +0200, Jörn Dreyer wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 16.05.2007, 20:20 +0200 schrieb Stefan Seyfried:
> > > [...]
> > >
> > > ~$ sudo s2ram -i
> > > This machine can be identified by:
> > >     sys_vendor   = "FUJITSU SIEMENS"
> > >     sys_product  = "CELSIUS H240"
> > >     sys_version  = " "
> > >     bios_version = "Version 1.11 "
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > Are you using some strange drivers? The LEDs blinking mean that the kernel
> > panicked. This _might_ be caused by broken device drivers.
> > NVidia / ATI binary only stuff?
> Unfortunately, yes: the Laptop features an ATI Mobile FireGL V5200. I
> would use the open source driver would it support Avivo based Chipsets.
> (Last time I checked it didn't)
>
> I will try s2ram using the VESA driver. Maybe I can rule out fglrx
> beeing the problem.

Yes, this would be helpful. The latest fglrx X drivers can also be used
without the fglrx kernel module (they won't do 3d, but at least they will
allow you to use the native resolution of the display), maybe this is also
an option for testing.
--
Stefan Seyfried
QA / R&D Team Mobile Devices        |              "Any ideas, John?"

This footer brought to you by insane German lawmakers:
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)