Am Donnerstag, den 31.05.2007, 14:10 +0200 schrieb Stefan Seyfried:
> > I will try s2ram using the VESA driver. Maybe I can rule out fglrx
> > beeing the problem.
>
> Yes, this would be helpful. The latest fglrx X drivers can also be used
> without the fglrx kernel module (they won't do 3d, but at least they will
> allow you to use the native resolution of the display), maybe this is also
> an option for testing.
I used envy to install the latest ATI drivers:
~$ fglrxinfo
display: :0.0  screen: 0
OpenGL vendor string: ATI Technologies Inc.
OpenGL renderer string: ATI MOBILITY FireGL V5200
OpenGL version string: 2.0.6458 (8.36.5)

~$ glxinfo | grep dir
direct rendering: Yes

So, the driver seems to be installed ok.

Using the following command I have been able to suspend to ram for about
~20 times without any glitches (besides networkmanager not refreshing
the IP):
~$ sudo s2ram -f

I used it to suspend at work, remove it from the docking station, power
it on at home ... and back again. No problems. It even works when
playing 720p videos, running fgl_glxgears and having a Java Debug VM on
a breakpoint (a known problem on Windows).

Any ideas how I might further stresstest s2ram? I did not yet try
s2disk/s2both.

Some more informations: I am running Ubuntu 7.04 with
~$ uname -a
Linux teacup 2.6.20-16-generic #2 SMP Wed May 23 01:46:23 UTC 2007 i686
GNU/Linux

Let me know if you need anything else.

Jörn