On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 05:06:38PM +0100, Amit Walambe wrote:
> Hi there!
> I have a P4 dual processor machine, with Intel 915 chipset. I am running
> 2.6.22-rc3 (config attached) on Debian
> Sid. swsusp version is 0.6-cvs200.
> Can anyone have pointers to what I might be doing wrong? More information
> below..
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~ # s2ram -i
> This machine can be identified by:
>     sys_vendor   = "eveshamvale "
>     sys_product  = " "
>     sys_version  = " "
>     bios_version = "6.00 PG"
>
> I followed instructions on http://en.opensuse.org/S2ram, and here is output
> for following commands (obtained by
> 's2ram [options] > filename 2>&1') :
>
> * s2ram -f -a 1
> * s2ram -f -a 2
> * s2ram -f -a 3
> s2ram_do: No such device

Either your kernel does not have suspend support compiled in.
You need to enable CPU hotplug to be able to compile suspend support IIRC.
Or your BIOS does not support suspend to RAM. Do "dmesg | grep ACPI.*supports"

"cat /sys/power/state" should contain "mem".

> CONFIG_HOTPLUG_CPU=y
> # CONFIG_COMPAT_VDSO is not set
> CONFIG_ARCH_ENABLE_MEMORY_HOTPLUG=y
>
> #
> # Power management options (ACPI, APM)
> #
> CONFIG_PM=y
> # CONFIG_PM_LEGACY is not set
> # CONFIG_PM_DEBUG is not set
> # CONFIG_PM_SYSFS_DEPRECATED is not set
> CONFIG_SOFTWARE_SUSPEND=y
> CONFIG_PM_STD_PARTITION=""
> CONFIG_SUSPEND_SMP=y
>
> #
> # ACPI (Advanced Configuration and Power Interface) Support
> #
> CONFIG_ACPI=y
> CONFIG_ACPI_SLEEP=y
> CONFIG_ACPI_SLEEP_PROC_FS=y
> # CONFIG_ACPI_SLEEP_PROC_SLEEP is not set
> CONFIG_ACPI_PROCFS=y
> # CONFIG_ACPI_AC is not set
> # CONFIG_ACPI_BATTERY is not set
> CONFIG_ACPI_BUTTON=m
> CONFIG_ACPI_FAN=m
> # CONFIG_ACPI_DOCK is not set
> CONFIG_ACPI_PROCESSOR=m
> CONFIG_ACPI_HOTPLUG_CPU=y
> CONFIG_ACPI_THERMAL=m
> # CONFIG_ACPI_ASUS is not set
> # CONFIG_ACPI_TOSHIBA is not set
> CONFIG_ACPI_BLACKLIST_YEAR=0
> # CONFIG_ACPI_DEBUG is not set
> CONFIG_ACPI_EC=y
> CONFIG_ACPI_POWER=y
> CONFIG_ACPI_SYSTEM=y
> CONFIG_X86_PM_TIMER=y
> CONFIG_ACPI_CONTAINER=m
> # CONFIG_ACPI_SBS is not set
> # CONFIG_APM is not set

It looks like the relevant config options are correct, but i am not a
kernel config expert ;-)
--
Stefan Seyfried
QA / R&D Team Mobile Devices        |              "Any ideas, John?"

This footer brought to you by insane German lawmakers:
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)