Hi!
Stefan Seyfried wrote:
> On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 05:06:38PM +0100, Amit Walambe wrote:
>> I followed instructions on http://en.opensuse.org/S2ram, and here is output
>> for following commands (obtained by
>> 's2ram [options] > filename 2>&1') :
>>
>> * s2ram -f -a 1
>> * s2ram -f -a 2
>> * s2ram -f -a 3
>> s2ram_do: No such device
>
> Either your kernel does not have suspend support compiled in.
> You need to enable CPU hotplug to be able to compile suspend support IIRC.
It is selected in the config. So I'm hoping it's in :)

> Or your BIOS does not support suspend to RAM. Do "dmesg | grep ACPI.*supports"
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~ # dmesg | grep ACPI.*supports
132:ACPI: (supports S0 S1 S4 S5)

> "cat /sys/power/state" should contain "mem".
Now this was interesting! Here is the output :
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~ # cat /sys/power/state
standby disk

So I wonder what's missing here..

Thanks a lot for the help.
- Amit

The message in this transmission is sent in confidence for the attention of the
addressee only and should not be disclosed to any other party. Unauthorised
recipients are requested to preserve this confidentiality. Please advise the
sender if the addressee is not resident at the receiving end.  Email to and
from Arcom is automatically monitored for operational and lawful business
reasons.

This message has been virus scanned by MessageLabs.