On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 11:07:11AM +0200, Florian Ragwitz wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'd like to use s2ram (current Debian unstable packages:
> 0.6~cvs20070513-1) on the following machine:
>
>     sys_vendor   = "IBM"
>     sys_product  = "252545G"
>     sys_version  = "ThinkPad X41"
>     bios_version = "74ET47WW (1.17 )"
>
> I can invoke s2ram without any additional parameters without making it
> complain. Therefor I guess it's in the whitelist already.

Yes, but it is in the "unconfirmed" section, as s2ram -n would have told you
:-)

> Unfortunately suspending doesn't work with the options specified in the
> whitelist. I managed to get things working with the following options
> for s2ram:
>
>   --force --vbe_mode --acpi_sleep 3
>
> I think you need to update your whitelist?

is "--vbe_mode" actually really necessary? It is rather uncommon to need
both "--acpi_sleep 2/3" and "--vbe_mode".
--
Stefan Seyfried
QA / R&D Team Mobile Devices        |              "Any ideas, John?"

This footer brought to you by insane German lawmakers:
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)