Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your reply.  Yes, it did suspend.  (A decided improvement since I
last tried that method.)  When I tried to resume the screen did not come
back, and the caps light wouldn't respond, though there was intermittent
hard disk activity.  So that's the same behaviour I was finding with s2ram .
. .

Cheers,
Simon

On 31/05/07, Stefan Seyfried <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Sun, May 20, 2007 at 07:28:40PM +1000, Simon Cullen wrote:
> Eeek ... Sorry: I forgot to mention that I am running s2ram -f -p
-m.  None
> of the other options appear to work at all.  (They just go to a blank
screen
> and don't actually suspend the machine.)

Does it suspend if you just do "echo mem > /sys/power/state"?

The options you give to s2ram should have no influence _before_ it
suspends.
They only really do anything _after_ resume.
--
Stefan Seyfried
QA / R&D Team Mobile Devices        |              "Any ideas, John?"

This footer brought to you by insane German lawmakers:
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)