On Fri 8 June 2007 11:08, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> On Friday, 8 June 2007 00:36, Ross Patterson wrote:
> > Ross Patterson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > >
> > > My system is a Toshiba Satellite U205-5067 laptop running Debian
> > > unstable.
> >
> > It turns out that s2disk works just fine from X as long as Skype
> > isn't running.  I've attached a tiny shell script I use to kill
> > Skype before s2disk if anyone's interested.  I put it in
> > /usr/local/sbin/s2disk and everything works fine.
>
> Thanks for this information.
>
> Now, I wonder what Skype does that prevents things from working
> properly (it's a user land process after all, so that's pretty
> scary).

Could it be sound modules being held open rather than Skype itself do
you think?  I know that one of my systems has borked sound unless the
modules are unloaded and reloaded on suspend/resume and that can't
happen if things are using them at the time.  So I can imagine them
causing more serious problems in certain situations.