On 7/17/07, Stefan Seyfried <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [added suspend-devel to cc:, please keep it that way]
>
> On Mon, Jul 16, 2007 at 10:08:43PM +0200, Gergely Csépány wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have tested and use s2ram on my laptop without problems, here is the
> > output of 's2ram -i':
> >
> > "$ sudo s2ram -i
> > This machine can be identified by:
> >    sys_vendor   = "MICRO-STAR INT'L CO.,LTD."
> >    sys_product  = "MS-1057"
> >    sys_version  = "0571"
> >    bios_version = "A1057IMS V7.05 "
> > See http://en.opensuse.org/S2ram for details.
> >
> > If you report a problem, please include the complete output above."
> > For me, it works by simply typing 's2ram -f', no additional options
>
> Does it work from both X and the console?

>From X it does, from console I had to use 's2ram -f -a 3' to work, and
I found out that I cannot restart or poweroff my machine after using
s2ram, neither from X nor from the console.
The shutdown/restart (init 0/6) scripts run until the end when it
should poweroff/reboot, and all I can see is it prints the last
message about poweroff or restart then it freezes. Then I can simply
poweroff and poweron manually, no data is lost, and everything works
again, but what can cause that?

> > are needed. I would like to know how should I edit the whitelist.c to
> > include my machine in it, so i could simply use 's2ram'.
>
> Just look at the other machines, in whitelist.c, it should be pretty obvious.

Should I use the options needed for the console (s3 save both) or for
the X (no additional options)?