On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 07:46:40 +0300
"Alon Bar-Lev" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 7/21/07, Tim Dijkstra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > No. The vbetool code is linked in. It doesn't run as regular processes.
> > At the time we do those hacks, we are the only not-frozen part of userspace.
> > This is what makes it different from running it from a bunch of scripts.
>
> Are you sure?
> Can you please refer me to the relevant lines in the code?

Look at suspend.c

At 1448 we run some hacks before the suspend. A few lines later we call
suspend_system, in that function at 761 we freeze userspace. Then at
line 807 we suspend to ram. If that call returns we're back from
suspend. At 812 we call some more hacks with userspace still frozen,
only after that we jump to Unfreeze.

These s2ram_* funcs in the end call code from vbetool/vbetool.c which
is indeed linked in. But partly I remembered it wrongly. The hacks
_before_ suspend are called with an unfrozen userspace, those after on
a frozen userspace.

grts Tim