On 7/23/07, Pavel Machek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> But you explicitely configured your system to do that... so you get
> what you asked for. (And on very old systems, running at 80% cpu
> during suspend _could_ be a win, power-wise).

The 80% is configured with expectation of continue execution.
If the battery goes low it goes into powersave mode... Then it is
really slow... :)

> Now... perhaps solution is to finally add "notify others we are
> suspending" mechanism to s2disk/s2ram, so that your cpufreqd can
> notice we are going down and do something reasonable?

Well... then it is userspace daemon depended...
You can do this before the s2disk using the hibernate script just as
the other hacks.

But OK, I got your point...

Alon.