Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 14:31:00 -0000
   From: "Eric Hall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: (no subject)

AFAIW the diesel engine was designed to run on any oil of a calorific
value, not just what we know as DERV so in theory anything will do (I
have a friend who runs a diesel Landrover on used engine oil, for
example)
The University of (Minnesota?) had a project on the go about running
a VW Golf diesel on used chip fat - check out www.veggievan.org so
dripping, if it's liquefied evidently, will do just as well.
Don't try it with a turbo diesel, though! It clogs everything up, and
in any case you need to clean your injectors much more often than
with plain "derv".