In Austria, they calculated that the  household used  cooking oil resource
to be 3 kg per head per year.

They also calculated that the cost of cleaning it  out of sewers.

Then they started a household collection program, when the survey showed
that only about 1/3 of the householder oil was being collected and the rest
dumped down drains or landfilled.  They gave out free sealed buckets and set
it up to exchange for cleaned ones. Then they ran the buses on the biodiesel
made from the WVO that was no longer a cost of sewer maintenance. Double
benefit.

How much is collected  for recycling, from households in North America?
Probably zero - I bet it's not even close to a third. It goes down the drain
on into the landfill.

http://www.cpc.at/itc_frameset_e.html?http://www.cpc.at/itc/biodiesel/home_e
.html

Regards,

Edward Beggs, BES, MSc
http://www.biofuels.ca

on 5/29/02 11:35 AM, Patrick McBrady at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Does anyone know where I can find figures for WVO per person for any
> geographic area?
>
> In other words how much WVO may be available in an area that has 218,000
> people.
>
> Thank You
>
> Patrick M

> Biofuels list archives:
> http://archive.nnytech.net/
>
> Please do NOT send "unsubscribe" messages to the list address.
> To unsubscribe, send an email to:

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!