>Does anyone know if and how you can make ethanol from cellulose, in
>particularly cotton and cotton waste products such as gin waste and
>textile mill waste?
>Thanks,
>Sam

Hi Sam

See the Files section at the biofuels list website (members only
access), "sawdust.html - Fuel From Sawdust", at:
http://www.egroups.com/group/biofuel

Or sign in first with your email address and password at:
http://www.egroups.com/mygroups

Also the Alcohol Fuel Manual in the Files section has a chapter on
Cellulose Conversion. Click on "manual - Alcohol Fuel Manual", the
chapters are inside the folder.

The Manual for the Home and Farm Production of Alcohol Fuel
by S.W. Mathewson
Chapter 8
Processing Steps Specific To Cellulose Materials - Cellulose Conversion

Arkenol Inc.
http://www.arkenol.com
A chemical company that is looking to the sugar barrel instead of the
oil barrel for fuel supplies. Arkenol is a pioneer in processing
cellulose biomas into ethanol: agricultural wastes, straw, leaves,
grass clippings, sawdust or old newspapers.
(From http://journeytoforever.org/ethanol_link.html)