It was towards the end of 1896 and the beginning of 1897 that the
third Augsburg prototype (often also known as the "first Diesel
engine") became truly functional .

http://www.germanembassy-india.org/news/june97/76gn16.htm

At Augsburg, on August 10, 1893, Diesel's prime model, a single 10-
foot iron cylinder with a flywheel at its base, ran on its own power
for the first time.

http://www.invent.org/book/book-text/31.html

At Augsburg, on August 10, 1893, Diesel's prime model, a
single 10-foot iron cylinder with a flywheel at its base, ran on its
own power for the first time.

http://www.wartsilausa.com/PubRelations/rudolf.htm

So, here's to August 10th (unless someone can clarify that first
article) as being the official Intenational Biodiesel Day. Where do
we want to get together, and what do we want to do? Probably need co-
ordinated multiple events, due to geographically dispersed members.

--- In biofuel@egroups.com, "Pedro M." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> When Mr. Diesel presented his engine in the International Show in
Paris ??
> ( date ).
>
> This is a good date for the International Biodiesel Day ( for
diesel in
> general, the day when he invented it, before present it in Paris ).
>
> All the best.

London

London

See: