the centrifuge sounds like a great idea. I am lucky enough to have a source
of clean oil; a place that makes corn chips.
I filter my oil directly through a 20" filter i got from Tek Supply for
about $20 with replacement filters at about $3. they come in versions down
to 5 microns. i use an electric pump plumbed to the filter that runs on 110v
so it's fairly clean and easy. i used a hydraulic pump from a junkyard, with
a belt to a scrounged motor.  another excellent catalog is northern hardware
supply, who has a 110v pump with a gas station dispensing handle for about
$160.
I suspect that if you prefiltered with a t-shirt or something, a large
filter would last awhile, and the filters apper to be made of cotton, which
would make dandy kindling.
tek supply is at 1-800-tek supply
northern hardware is in the 800 directory; i don't have a catalog handy.
good luck,
anton