the disease is in the spinal cords of infected animals, it was regularly
fed to cows, eating the cows passed it on, semen is a genetic thing, it
wouldn't carry enough of the pathogens to pass it to the receiving cow
or the progeny, as for bull importation, how many farms rely on 1 bull
to supply all the meat that is processed, perhaps only 1 in 5000 bulls
would be imported and then eaten, imported bulls would mostly be semen
factories, no worries unless the practice of feeding cattle with other
cattle is taken up here.
    a superior bull can safely donate an almost infinite supply of semen
with no risk of passing on mad cow disease.  an inferior one will only
make mutated calves through the genetic aberrations that made them weak.

stephen lakios wrote:

> One thing which worries me about madcow,is the fact that American
> farmers regularly buy bulls and bull semen from european
> countries.(also,Australia,Canada,south America,Africa,ect.)I have read
> nothing about this in all the "reports".Our government tells us there
> is no threat of M.C. in this country,because they do not allow bone or
> bloodmeal to be used in feedstock.From my knowledge with farming and
> the government,thats like trusting the wolf to guard the sheep.stephen

>                       eGroups Sponsor
  [Choose 3 DVDs for $0.49 each!]
  Choose 3 DVDs for $0.49 each!