Hugh,
          This should be quite easy to achieve as long as the oil contains a
decent additive package. Look for a company called Lubrisol whom I believe
are a major supplier of additives to oil companies. A number of bike racing
oils used to have a castor oil base I believe. In others especially speedway
it was just added as a % to the fuel mix. A lot of  modern synthetics which
have a lot longer life due to greater lubricity and higher pour points have
vegetable oil bases. Try asking a small oil company like Millers Oils who
are based in Brighouse, West Yorkshire, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED],
www.millersoils.co.uk  They are in the business of selling oil obviously but
I believe the owner is pretty knowledgeable and he may be able to point you
in the right direction. Not knowing the guy personally he may also try to
sell you his oil but my personal experience is you can learn a lot more from
the small companies than the big conglomerates. A lot of the big companies
are so used to reiterating their sales talk that they have forgotten how to
answer questions.
Oils are made from the base oil (generally petroleum) and an additive
package and it is the quality of both these that determine the overall
qality of the oil. Oil as such lasts indefinitely and does not wear out, it
justs becomes contaminated. It is the quality of the base oil and its origin
which determines its vapour point, and the quality of its additive package
which determines its operational life. Without additives the oil quickly
becomes contaminated a lot sooner and its operational life as a result is
shortened. It has always struck me as far more logical to remove the
contaminants as they are created rather than let them continue to circulate
causing wear, tear and abrasion.
Another company that may be worth enquiry of is Fuchs if they have a British
office. Originally a German company and today an international one they make
a range of plant based oils called Planto. Good luck with your efforts.
B.r.,  David