it's quite possible to run an electric car on EM, it's just charge time
that limits its application in more than curiosities.  if a voltage
multiplying circuit were built with really low resistance components
then maybe earths magnetic field would charge it up in a few weeks, but
stray EM from houses make a more easily obtainable charging force.
remember, tesla had a heavy metal band named after him, he must have
done some things right to get enough status to get that.

  [www.newaydirect.com]