"Dick Carlstein" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>as staunchly  as i support freedom, i also support respect for others, and
>their rights. this is a discussion list, with albeit broad but well defined
>subjects of interest.
>
>taking up other people's bandwidth with never ending discussions on a
>limerick's origin or phrasing is not my idea of respect for other's rights.
>
>offline is available to all to pursue such interests, methinks.
>
>good manners are the glue that keep a civilized society in relative harmony.
>i'm sorry there are people in the list who miss this point and act
>egotistically, uncaring of other member's discomfort.
>
>those who have left the list wrote that they did so because, being
>interested in our 'raison d'etre', they were instead  swamped with
>frivolous, totally uncalled for postings dealing with themes totally outside
>of our subjects of interest.
>
>there are many humor lists and poetry lists out there that will more than
>welcome these folk's efforts. not that a bit of humor now and then is not
>welcome; but when it disregards the list's interests, it harms the lists
>purpose.
>
>i, for one can tell who cares for other peoples feelings and time by such
>actions, as well as by the lack of editing that accompanies many of the
>postings. these are usually the same people who vociferously defend their
>'given rights', as they simultaneously forget that all of us have the same
>rights.
>
>do onto others...
>
>(and will somebody with authority please send the unsolicited court jester
>on a looooooooong vacation, with no return ticket ?)
>
>after all, why should i have to miss somebody's interesting posting on
>biofuels, and/or alternative energies, just to keep a babbling idiot happy
>??
>
>i think i have my rights too...
>
>cheers, dick.
>
>let's get real, please.

Hi Dick

Good points, well taken - though it'd be a bit premature to send
anyone on a looooong vacation. But did you have to go and pin the
entire digest on the end?? Kind of undercut your basic message, I
think!

Actually, did anyone who unsubscribed complain about the frivolity? I
think they complained about eco-babble and the "100+" messages a day.
But, well, if they didn't they should have.

Best

Keith Addison
Journey to Forever
Handmade Projects