> After reading the posts about people getting arrested for bringing
> industrial hemp into the US, I just have to ask; Did the DEA relent
> while I wasn't looking?
>
> Did I miss something?

Alan,

US and Canadian pressure forced DEA to back off its "zero tolerance" policy.
It was not even remotely acceptable to Health Canada and the new Canadian
hemp industry. - no more than the US/Peru drug interdiction policy of shoot
and strafe first, ask questions later - if they are still alive or old
enough to talk.

www.hempembargo.com relays the history and present status of the US DEA(d)'s
attempt at destroying this industry - damn all its benefits to humanity or
commerce.

Todd
Appal Energy