Hi David et al,
                      One of the things I meant to mention yesterday is the
number of patents involving glycerine.
Using Delphion I found under US: 1084 (front pages), 38,039 (patents) =
1.35%), European: 539 (applications), 248 (granted), Japan: 2,168
(abstracts), WIPO: 340 (publications), INPADOC: 2191.
The USPO search returned 5664 patents (granted)
Admittedly a lot of these patents may only contain the word glycerine but
there are probably several hundred that are worth investigating further. How
about some of you people and lurkers who contribute very little getting off
your butts and seeing what you can turn up or contribute.
B.r.,  David