One of our project members has requested that I
investigate the possability of methanol production
using corn cobs as a feedstock.

Consisting of mainly cellulose I imagine that a
destructive distillation might be the route to go.

Does anyone have a lead for more information on
destructive distillation or related material?

I am more inclined to use pulverized corncobs as
Biodiesel production power myself but a small scale
methanol production unit would definately lower our
projected costs of Biodiesel production.

Dana Linscott