From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, May 25, 2001 3:29 AM
To: biofuel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [biofuel] Re: Reclaiming the methanol

I've used and re-used about thirty gallons of methanol so far using
my hot pink vacuum still.  At first I was worried about recovering
water at the end of a run, so watched the condensate closely for any
sign of cloudiness. I've never seen any.  I don't think water can be
recovered from the byproduct at anywhere near the boiling point of
methanol.

Dale

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], Keith Addison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >Keith Addison asks:
> >
> > >A biodiesel question. If you boil off and distill the excess
methanol
> > >from the glycerine for re-use, is it in fact suitable for re-use?
<snip>