----- Original Message -----
From: "Gary and Jos Kimlin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [biofuel] Re: Reclaiming the methanol

> Paul my next batch will be with cotton seed oil. I intend to use the
> twostage with KOH rather than NaOH. The best I can do with NaOH seems to
be
> 80-85% pure,

Pure reagent grade NaOH can be obtained from chemical supply warehouses.
Various grades of purity (not water content) are available. Analytical grade
is not needed, technical grade is more than suitable.
suspect that leaves too much water to avoid soaps. I'll take
 >KOH is $100/25kg and Methanol $30/20l drum.
 Will check up on local prices and advise. Haven't had to buy methanol yet
 friend gave me 2 20L drums) but think that it is about $200.00 Australian
for a 200L drum.

> Any experience using glycerin as a heating fuel?
Afraid not but very interested in same. With winter begining and an aging
slow combustion stove I,m looking for alternatives.
Some interesting postings on this subject over last month or so.
 Regards , Paul