>Considering the amount of flaming about unsubscribe messages flying
>about when I joined this group I am more than a little hesitant to
>write this note. However, I will shortly be deprived of my broadband
>connection, and an E-mail list such as this one is a luxury I choose
>not to afford. You'll forgive me for this method of unsubscribing I
>hope when I inform you that this is my fith attempt to unsubscribe.
>All for of my previous attempts were in the prescribed manor. I am
>not a novice in the world of technology, but how to sucessfully
>unsubscribe from this group is a mystery to me. Perhaps the problem
>is not in the people trying to unsubscribe. Thank you for your help.
>Buddy

Hello Buddy

First:
>Perhaps the problem is not in the people trying to unsubscribe.

There have been literally scores of these cases. Others have written
me off-list saying they're having problems. Almost all of them have
been doing something wrong, from spelling "unsubscribe" wrong on up.
Where there seemed to be real problems, it turned out that they'd
inadvertently subscribed twice, under different addresses, and
weren't aware of it, even though they must have been getting all the
messages twice (if set for email). Several of these didn't tell me
they were getting the messages twice, I had to find that out on my
own. There have been a few other similar problems. Only in one case
so far has there been a genuine problem with Yahoo, and I'm still not
sure about that. Anyway, I was able to unsubscribe that person. He
was one of those who sent an "unsubscribe" message to the list (after
making several attempts on his own). All the others who've sent unsub
messages to the list, with one exception (the one that caused the
flame war you refer to, who I got rid of), have managed to
unsubscribe themselves when sent a message telling them clearly what
to do, even if they've needed a few such messages.

Second, the number of people who have difficulties is tiny compared
to the number who don't. People subscribe, unsubscribe and
resubscribe all the time, every day, the vast majority have no
difficulty at all.

So, sorry to say, the problem IS with the people trying to
unsubscribe. It really baffles a lot of folks, including me, and it
happens on all the lists I know, not only Yahoo lists. Also, the list
owner's address is listed everywhere at the list website, and in the
welcome message subscribers receive when they join. You'd think
people having difficulties would send their enquiries there rather
than to 648 subscribers.
List owner: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Maybe you'll decide to try the "web only - no emails" option, as Sam
suggests. If not, and you're still having problems, please email me
off-list, preferably with full information and copies of your
unsubscribe attempts.

Best

Keith Addison
Journey to Forever