Hanns -

A small amount of biodiesel is all that is needed if the engine is operated
on SRO (SVO) for the majority of its operating cycle. This makes small scale
biodiesel production more practical.

Or, just use a small amount of spec petrodiesel to start and purge, and
heated oil in an SRO system the rest of time. This avoids the need for
processing, methanol, lye, and associated costs and safety, training and
storage concerns and is a better model for small scale village operations ,
especially in island nations or anywhere the materials and equipment needed
for proper biodiesel production may be expensive or pose other problems.

Ed Beggs

www.biofuels.ca

SNIP>

> From: "Hanns B. Wetzel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 21:53:43 +1000
> To: "Bio Fuels at Yahoogroups.com" <biofuel@yahoogroups.com>
> Subject: [biofuel] The Carbohydrate Economy
>
> Hello Keith, Harry, Steve, Marc, Ken et al,
>
> I quote this from the following web site:-
> QUOTE
> The method we use at Mt. Banahaw Tropical Herbs in the Philippines is
> fermentation. The coconut milk expressed from the freshly harvested coconuts
> is fermented for approximately 48 hours. During this time, the water
> separates from the oil. The oil is then slightly heated for a short time to
> remove moisture, and filtered.

<ENDSNIP