>Hi to all,
>Does anyone out there know the process for removing water from ethanol using
>3A zeolite. I know this is the material used by industry to do this
>but I'd like to
>know the process. As I understand it this will remove all the water content of
>distilled ethanol. Any remarks?
>
>Thanks,
>Ron Miller

First, make sure it's dry, by heating to about 600 deg. F for several
hours, then
cooling back down in dry air. Toss in the required amount with your hydrous
ethanol (molecular sieve zeolite absorbs like 25% of its weight in water) and
stand back -- it can get HOT. Takes a few hours to get saturated. Oh, I'm sure
the pros will talk all about columns of X dia. and Y length, with flow rates of
blah, blah, but the simple ways are best. Good luck -- BTW, I only have free
samples of this stuff. Did you actually have to PAY for it, and if so, how much
(if you don't mind my asking :-)). Check out

http://www.sorbentsystems.com/desiccants_charts.html

for some good info and graphs, and let us know your results.     -K