Here's a link to Methanex, one of the world's largest manufacturers
of Methanol. They are based right here in North Vancouver, British
Columbia.
It's an interesting site that contains all kinds of things you never
wanted to know about Methanol, including their prices, which have
risen from 34 cents (US) a gallon in 2000, to 68 cents per gallon. Of
course, to get these rates, you've got to buy a tanker load.

You know, I've always wondered why there are huge ( I mean 100 foot
high) piles of salt outside their plant, now I think I've made the
connection.

Dave

http://www.methanex.com/methanol/currentprice.htm