Is trap grease safe to burn in a vehicle engine? WVO is one thing but trap
grease is the worst sludge I've ever seen. I've smelled some pretty noxious
things in my life but grease traps are up there for me.
I mean thinking about it. This device is designed to settle out the grease
from all the grey water drains in the restaurant. I dont know if you've ever
worked in a restaruant but a variety of things go down the drain and into
the trap including cleaning chemicals.

For instance chlorine bleach is regularly used in alot of restaurants
dishwashing machines as a sterlizing agent that dishwashwer in turn dumps
the water down into the grease trap where it mixes with the grease and/or
water. Bleach and lye make a lovely gas great for ridding your home of pesky
humans.

I am by no means a chemistry whiz, I know enough to be dangerous and my
knowledge mainly specializes in chemicals mixing of the pyro nature.
(special efx, big booms, fireworks, etc.) I do know what not to mix and
grease trap remnants take massive amounts of energy to produce anything
worthwhile. Not that I'm discouraging anyone, but I would be carefull what
is pulled out of traps, wierd things go down the drains in restaurants, I
hate to see some one get hurt because of residual chems. in trap grease.

I've never done an analysis of trap grease, but if someone else has some
experience with this I woud love to hear it.

cheers,
cordain
dulles,va