  From: Mike Brownstone
  To: biofuel@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Sunday, July 29, 2001 2:13 AM
  Subject: [biofuel] Washing the biodiesel

  I'm struggling with the washing of the biodiesel.  I get a low return (50%)
  and a lot of creamy mayonnaise.

  During the processing I get a good glycerin drop (15%) using Foolproof on
  used veggie oil.  Everything looks good until the wash when I add the
  vinegar and water to the biodiesel start the bubbling and watch the mayo
  form.

  There is very little water in the processing and my understanding is that
  any excess methanol or lye will wash out.  Could the temperature of my
  washing water or composition ( tap or faucet water from municipality) be the
  cause?

  Stuck on the final stage!!!

  Mike

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor