excellent !! thanks dale. must try this out, looks like a winner. dick.
----- Original Message -----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: biofuel@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2001 10:47 PM
Subject: [biofuel] Re: making filters

Lessee, bags... I bought the felt at Walmart and sewed them up.
Maybe 10 cents each.  If you don't sew, then maybe buy some knit
tubing from Home Depot.  They sell it in rolls in the plumbing
section, for stretching over septic field lines.  A $15 roll should
last several generations.

No idea about the microns.  I mostly filter out french fries, fish
parts, etc.  But selection of fabric would determine the particle
size.  The felt from Walmart filters out everything visible, and
leaves the oil pretty and clear.  An additional outer bag or two of
finer weave would probably pick up a few more particles, though.

I pull the oil through the filter using vacuum.  So the maximum
pressure I use is about 15 psi.  I think all the PVC components are
rated about 125 psi at room temperature.  Less at higher temps.

Haven't measured the flow.  I use a pair in parallel, just in case
one clogs.  The pair has no trouble filtering 10 gpm of room
temperature peanut oil.

Dale

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Dick Carlstein" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> pray dale, any particular specs on the felt filter bag ? price
range ? down to how many microns will it filter ? operating
pressure ? thru flow ?

> sorry for the barrage of questions, just trying to get the broad
picture.

> tks. cheers, dick.

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!