"If the containment was adequate why did the judge in the 3 mile Island
case
order reinforcement of the containment structure? The basis for the
extra
expense, and construction delay, was 3 Mile Island constituted an above
average risk due to flight path and the power plant location.
The court had expert testimony and access to engineering plans. It seems
they didn't share your belief."

What phase of engineering was the judge qualified in? I'm afraid I don't
have much respect for judicial interference in engineering matters.

And my guess is that when the transcript is read, it will be found to
require further STUDY and DOCUMENTATION of the containment structure's
ability to withstand aircraft impact, not any actual change in the
design.

That was the case with Diablo Canyon's alleged vulnerability to
earthquake. The antinuke crowd failed to stop construction permanently,
but they did add to the cost of the project by generating delay and
"study" to prove what should already be obvious.

Marc de Piolenc

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!