robert luis rabello <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[snip]

>     I was in Baltimore, Maryland for a conference when the tragedy struck, and
> I just made it home this afternoon.  (It's Sunday.)  Aside from feeling
> unspeakable rage at what has been done to my country, I can't help but feel
> that if we weren't so addicted to oil, the radical, violent elements within
> Islam would simply not have the money to finance their terror.

Hear hear!

We are now involved in an unconventional war.  Not just we Americans,
but everyone.  Unconventional wars must be fought by unconventional
means.  One of the best ways we can fight these terrorists is by
removing their ability to fund their campaigns.  In part that means
reducing our dependence on middle eastern oil.

It's like going after organized crime.  When law enforcement people want
to get mafiosi they don't just go after the criminals themselves, but
they also go after their lawyers and their financiers.  That's the same
method we need to use now.

Unfortunately, all of my vehicles are fuel injected.  If they weren't
I'd be  drilling out carburettor jets for ethanol.  As it is I'm trying
to figure out how to remap their fuel injection systems to deal with
ethanol.  I know it's more expensive than gasoline for urban dwellers
like me, but I don't care.  I see eliminating my personal dependence on
gasoline as striking a blow, if a small one, at the terrorists source of
funding.

Perhaps I'll buy a diesel vehicle, pull the pieces of my biodiesel
processing stuff out of the closet, and start making biodiesel again.

> Thank you to all the other citizens of the world who have expressed their
> condolences and grieve with us.  Your sympathy and solidarity helps us cope.

Yes indeed, thank you all.

I must admit some outrage at the behavior or some of my fellow
Americans, though.

The problem is that I look like an Arab.

I am not an Arab.  I am not of Arab dissent.  I am half Italian, and the
other half is English, Irish, and Lumbee.  But I look like an Arab.

In the past week I have been flipped off, cursed at, threatened, almost
run off the road, and had one of my vehicles vandalized because I _look_
like an Arab.

And I have to call these people fellow Americans!  ARGH!!

Alan
--
He who sows the wind shall reap the whirlwind.
Remember the Towers.

Monitoring Service trial
http://us.click.yahoo.com/MDsVHB/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA/FGYolB/TM