The National Biodiesel Board will presumably be at the Sept. 25 Sacramento
meeting.

I'm lead to believe that as recently as two weeks ago NBB's Mr. McMahon had
prepared responses for CARB relative to biodiesel.

CARB only recognizes biodiesel up to 20%, and then it is only considered an
additive.

Yet they fully recognize "green diesel," simply a low sulfur fossil fuel
diesel.

CARB has also aired concerns that biodiesel from different feedstocks meet
rigourous emissions testing independently, not permitting all feedstocks
simply falling under the general umbrella of "biodiesel."

This would mean testing biodiesel emissions from each source yellow grease,
rapeseed, coconut, palm, sunflower, etc.

Also, call me cynical in part, but the Tier I and Tier II testing done on
biodiesel used soybean as the feedstock. Coupling this with what appears to
be major funding for the NBB by the soybean industry and there could be an
awful lot of biodiesel feedstocks left out in the cold.

Todd
Appal Energy